March 29, 2012

Super Easy Teatowel Apron

Wow, I've been a bit AWOL lately. I apologise.

Been doing stuff.
Dreaming about writing.
Sewing things.

Which brings me around to my newest creation.



The Super Easy Teatowel Apron!

Did you know that the humble teatowel is the perfect size for an apron? It is. Go on, pull one out and hold it up against yourself to see. I'll wait.

Did you see what I mean? And don't get me started on all the fabulous patterns and colours that you can find. Some are just too pretty to use, aren't they? So why not turn one into an apron. Just fashion some armholes (I used an old apron as a template); add some cotton tape, and voila!


This one will be available for purchase at my upcoming Heart + Home Evening. Look out for more goodies, coming soon!


If you've found this apron via Make : Grow : Thrift with The Haby Goddess, then welcome to my blog! I hope you stay for a look around, enjoy the read and take away some inspiration! Melanie x

5 comments:

  1. That is such a great idea Melaine. I have some gorgeous tea towels my SIL's bought back from Anthropologie that I don't want to use as tea towels but I would an apron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use for a tea towel! I made some for kids years ago, but had be et thought for adults. Thanks! Your heart + home idea sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just visiting from Jodie's blog...That's a great idea Melanie! Yes there are certainly some teatowels around that are just too beautiful to use as a mere teatowel, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mel,
    Shoe storage, eh? Well, I have many, many pairs of running shoes and I have a lovely rack for them, right by the door. In my opinion, that's the best place to keep them. But in case you were wanting an out-of-sight storage idea, I like the idea of a hanging shoe rack made of a soft material with lots of pockets all over it. It slips into your closet like a dress bag. Maybe it looks like a quilt, or maybe it looks like lots of big slippers with their toes pointing down. And into each pocket, you insert a shoe. And you have… a pocketful of shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! You are too clever for words, my dear :)

      Might just be the solution for my out-of-season shoes, though.... hmmmm....

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.