October 31, 2012

Happy Haunting!


BOO, how are you?
Whether or not you think Halloween is just another "American tradition" - no offence to my U.S. readers, but that is the ignorant view of many on this side of the hemisphere - you cannot deny the opportunity it gives kids (and adults) to "just be kids" and have fun dressing up and playing together in the neighbourhood.

We decorated the outside of our house a little with some black spiderwebs and I updated my mantle with a few scary touches, but nothing over the top. We eagerly anticipated some trick-or-treaters, but ending up leaving my visiting father-in-law to deal out the treats while we investigated some monsterly goings-on in the street behind us.

And what a friendly night we had! We met some new families in the area and found out about some annual traditions in the neighbourhood that we (after 12 years of living in the same house) hadn't known about.

I'm so glad we got into the "spirit" of Halloween this year and made the effort, not only for the enjoyment of our own kids, but to those who visited our house as well. Next year will be bigger and better. So Say Boo and Scary On...


3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Melanie, Isn't it wonderful, that just because you took that step, you have made some new friends. We had quite a few trick or treaters, but the weather wasn't kind, it rained all evening. I thought I would let you know that I have tagged you on my blog, it is just a bit of fun and a way to allow people to get to know you and your blog. The link is
    http://ivyphyllisandme.blogspot.co.uk//2012//11/ive-been-tagged.html I hope you are able to join in the fun. Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks as always for your lovely comments Daphne! I have never been tagged before, so I will give it a go :)

      Delete
  2. I am your newest follower and was hoping that you'd hop on by my blog and follow me back!

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    Thanks,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.