October 6, 2012

Home-made Lemonade

As the school holidays draw to a close and we are expecting a warm weekend in the mid 30s (celsius) here in Brissie, I decided it was time to make some good old-fashioned refreshing home-made lemonade :)



My mother-in-law and her husband have a small hobby citrus orchard a few hours drive north of here, and whenever we visit we come home with bags of lemons! So what do I do with them? Squeeze them into 1 cup lots and pop them in the freezer, ready for lemonade making...

This is my tried and true recipe and is so quick, you can have fresh lemonade in under five minutes:

Home-made Lemonade

Dissolve 1 cup raw sugar and 1 cup lemon juice in a saucepan. I'm impatient, so I do mine on high heat - just keep stirring and remove as soon as the sugar has completely dissolved.

Pour into your jug of choice and add 4 cups of cold water. Stir and enjoy immediately if you can't wait! 

Lemonade is of course, best served chilled, so pop it in the fridge to cool down first. I prefer not to serve mine with ice, as I feel it dilutes the taste.

Cheers!





Sharing this recipe with: Tatertots & Jello : At the Picket Fence : Savvy Southern Style

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.