October 24, 2012

Lovely Lantern

Hello there friends. Today I have a little makeover project for you that's been on my to-do list for a while.

You see a while ago, I picked up one of these galvanised lanterns from IKEA, thinking it would look a treat on the dining table on our back deck. I used to have a hurricane lantern out there (the one now adorning my living room sideboard) but I wanted to "rustic" it up a bit.



While I liked the look of the lantern, the galvanised colour just didn't suit our decor. I flirted with painting it white, but I wasn't convinced it would be rustic enough. So I primed it with my grey primer and let it sit for a few weeks while I decided what look I wanted.


Finally I decided on a dark metallic brown (Dy-Mark Revolution enamel spray in Metallic Bronze, from Bunnings). I was a bit dubious at first, as it looked very black, but as it dried it turned out the perfect colour I had in mind.



 

Much more "rustic", don't you agree?





1 comment:

  1. i'v looked & looked & i love the pretty things u make...i'm your newwest follower! I'd love it if you could return the favour
    http://thandilemana.blogspot.com
    happi blogging :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.