October 30, 2012

Not-So-Bright Stars

Howdy folks!
I've been a little revamp-aholic lately, have you noticed?

Well, here's a little project that I whipped up today in less than an hour. That's right - from start to finish including drying time.

You see I've had these 3 shiny metallic cardstock stars suspended from my deck rafters since last Christmas.


They were a last minute purchase from the $2 store to add a little festive cheer to our outdoor dining space as we were entertaining last year. And to be honest, I wasn't expecting them to last this long! But lasted they have, and it looks like they have at least another season in them, so I decided to "rustic" them up as well, to match the new feel I have going on out there.

So I cut them down and gave them a coat of my new Dy-Mark Revolution spray enamel in Metallic Bronze (the same colour I used to revamp my lantern). Now they're not so bright and shiny... and resemble hammered tin with their little lacework holes.


Sometimes the smallest change can make the biggest impact, don't you think?






Sharing this super easy makeover with: Coastal Charm : DIY Showoff : Sew Many Ways :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.