October 26, 2012

Pretty as a Pencil

Good Morning!
Today in Australia we celebrate World Teachers' Day. Both my children's teachers are truly wonderful ladies and to show our appreciation, they will both be receiving one of these today:


Isn't it cute? And so easy to make. There are many variations out there, but I simply used 3 boxes of cheap coloured pencils from the grocery store (I needed 44 pencils per vase); 2 empty coffee jars; a hot glue gun and a spool of vintage ribbon.


Then, it's as simple as running a line of hot glue down your pencil and pressing it onto the jar. Once your jar is covered, wrap some ribbon around it and add some colourful blooms :)


Happy Teacher's Day to all the teachers out there!




Sharing this DIY idea with: Sew Many Ways : Coastal Charm : At the Picket Fence

1 comment:

  1. Good Afternoon Melanie, What a great idea. Whilst I don't have young children or grand children, I know my niece will love this idea for her little boy to take to his teacher. I will pass this on. Thank you. Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.