October 11, 2012

Thrifty Thursday

Hey there friends. Don't you love it when you go thrifting for a particular item but come home with an armload of treasures? I sure know I do.

Braving the wind and the rain today, I ventured out to a couple of local thrift stores scouting for one of these:


Hah, betcha haven't guessed what it is yet... A lovely vintage sheet! Better yet, a lovely unstained vintage sheet.  I know - what a total score! Now what am I going to do with this, you ask? I'll give you a hint - it won't be going anywhere near a bedroom. Stay tuned - next week I'll reveal it's new purpose, and it is so stinkin' simple you'll wonder why you never thought of it before ;)

So what else did I come home with then?


All of this - plus 4 books for the kids and a little butterfly silicone cake mold for my daughter's baking set (not pictured).

Let's look at it in detail, shall we:
Aforementioned vintage sheet. So soft and pretty with pale blues, green and just a hint of pink.


Gold painted timber frame that I'm going to pretty up with some white paint.
White vase/tumbler that will become a pencil cup for the kitchen.


Lovely white urn that may or may not take the place of the decorative pot on my sideboard... I can just see it filled with a moss ball or similar :)


Sweet white pitcher for flowers and a set of four Italian salad bowls. They're a great size for side dishes and at $5 for the set, who was I to pass them up?

So that's my thrifting adventures for today. Don't forget to pop back in next week to see what became of the lovely vintage sheet!


I'm sharing these finds with: From My Front Porch to Yours

6 comments:

  1. So nice you stopped by, neighbour ;) Yep, I live south of Brisbane... in Logan City (Loganholme). We have lovely weather today, don't we?! Been so long since the last rain... I'm really enjoying it!
    ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pernilla! I'm in inner-south-east Camp Hill. So nice to find other Aussie bloggers :)

      Delete
  2. What great finds Melanie. Thanx for sharing at tHT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the opportunity to share, Pamela. Love your blog and will join your linky parties often!

      Delete
  3. The white pitcher is beautiful...Blessings, Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Becky. It might even hold some wooden spoons on my kitchen counter top yet. I love multi-use bargains :)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.