November 28, 2012

12 Days of Christmas : Getting Organised

Hey there friends. Welcome to the first post in my new "12 Days of Christmas" series :)
Over the next four weeks I'll share tips, recipes, projects and gift ideas for a fabulous and fuss-free festive season, finishing it all off with a little house tour on Christmas Eve.



Let's kick off the season with getting organised!
If you're like me (and love lists) you might think you're ready for the silly season. But if you are truly like me and your lists are scribbled on the backs of random notepads, envelopes, store catalogs, etc... then you might not be as organised as you think you are!
A couple of years ago I discovered the Organized Christmas website and have never looked back.

The first thing I did was whip up a Christmas Planner - nothing fancy - just a simple binder decorated with stickers and a sheet of scrapbooking paper.




But inside is the clincher - a host of plastic page pockets, each with a dedicated list to keep me on track. There's calendars, card lists, gift lists, inventory lists, recipes, traditions and more. I have all my information at my fingertips. At a glance I can see who I need to buy for (plus suggestions/catalogs), what needs to be baked or made, where the decorations are stored and what worked/didn't work last year. Put simply - I LOVE IT.

I have also included a small binder wallet with a highlighter and pen, so it's always ready when I need to jot something down!
If you'd like to make your own Christmas planner, you can find all the printable page lists here. It's not too late to get organised for a stress-free festive season!

Close-up of the front of my binder  (paper is an old line from BasicGrey)


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to join me on Friday as I share our family
Advent Activity Calendar!




Sharing this Christmas series with: Coastal Charm : Savvy Southern Style : Sew Many Ways

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.