January 29, 2015

Rustic Equestrian Monogram

The obvious starting point when entering a room would have to be the door, right?
So when I began making over my horse-crazy daughter's room I opted to tie the theme in right from the beginning.


Her bedroom door has had a monogram for about 4 years now - that she made entirely herself, even down to cutting the thin MDF with a jigsaw (under the watchful eye of her dad of course), painting and embellishing it to match her then purple and yellow themed room.


 With each of her subsequent changes of theme the monogram has remained the same, but the time has come for a little update. After spying this idea on Pinterest, I thought I'd be able to create something pretty similar, using what we had.
 
 
I started by removing the gems from her old monogram and giving it a quick spray with some black gloss paint. (It didn't need to be glossy - but it was all that I had).
 
 
Then once dry I grabbed a roll of jute twine and some masking tape and began winding!
 

 
Securing each section of the H with a little strip of tape helps to keep it tight.
 
 
Once finished it was looking decidedly rustic... time for some horsey elements!
 
 
I asked the girls at her holiday riding camp for some old horseshoes, and they came up with this beauty. I love that it looks so beat up and well, used. I secured it with a bit more twine, added some skeleton leaves and a cute ribbon to finish it off.
 

 
What do you think?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.