July 15, 2015

Cafe Style Lemon Slice

After visiting my mother-in-law a week ago, I returned with a bag full of lemons and a plan. 
I absolutely adore making home-made lemonade in the spring/summer, but since it is the middle of winter here in Brissie and we are experiencing something of a cold front, I decided to try something else. After hunting around on the net I was inspired to try this:


Cafe Style Lemon Slice
  • 1 packet Marie biscuits
  • 125 g butter melted
  • 3/4 cup coconut
  • 1/2 can condensed milk
  • 1 lemon zested
Icing
  • 2 1/2 cups icing sugar
  • 1 1/2 tbs butter melted
  • 100ml lemon juice 

  • Crush biscuits and mix in coconut.
  • Add lemon zest and mix.
  • Combine melted butter and condensed milk and add to dry mixture. Stir well.
  • Press into a lined slice tin and set in fridge.
  • Mix all icing ingredients and ice when cooled. Put back in fridge to set (or if you're impatient like me - the freezer)


Although the lemons were small, I still had enough left over to make one cup of juice which I have popped in the freezer ready for lemonade-making when the weather turns warm again :)

Hope you feel inspired to make this slice - the icing was a little bit runny, but I like to lick my fingers - it's incredibly yummy and hard to stop at just one piece!


Sharing with: A Bowl Full of Lemons : Chic on a Shoestring : Coastal CharmDIY Showoff : Gingersnap Crafts : Home Stories A-Z : It's Overflowing : My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia : Natasha in Oz : Nifty Thrifty Things : Remodelaholic : Savvy Southern Style : Skip to my Lou : Stone Gable Sugar Bee Crafts : The DIY Dreamer : The Shabby Nest : Celebrate & Decorate


1 comment:

  1. That looks soooo delicious. I've pinned this and can't wait to try it!

    Thanks for sharing your recipe at the #sundaysdownudner link up. Hope to see you again this Sunday!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.