July 10, 2015

Rustic Equestrian Bedroom

About six months ago, I embarked on a room transformation for my tween-aged daughter. As I mentioned back in this post, she is always changing her mind on her bedroom theme and this time wanted her room to reflect her interest in horses.

Back then, this was the inspiration board for her room:



And this is how her room turned out:


This budget-friendly makeover started out with the selection of a new brown and blue quilt cover (IKEA) and the addition of a taupe linen-look curtain to her existing white sheers.

We already had some white frames for her room, so I removed the existing pictures and added some calendar pages that had a blue/brown colour theme. The prints were a little small for the frames, but the simple timber of the backing piece created the perfect rustic backdrop.


She then added some posters from her Pony magazines and some figurines atop her bed :)

I sewed a simple envelope style cushion cover in some navy blue fabric and ironed on an applique of a horse head in white satin.


We introduced some more navy blue with a striped rug (IKEA)


Other touches included switching out her lamp for an old rustic one that I had stored away, and hanging her rustic monogram that I featured here.



This is a cute plaster wall plaque that she painted of her favourite horse where she goes riding:




Thanks for visiting!

Sharing this makeover with:  Savvy Southern Style : A Bowl Full of Lemons : Coastal Charm : Oh My Creative : DIY Showoff : The DIY Dreamer : Remodelaholic :  Keeping it Simple :  Thrifty D├ęcor Chick :  Love grows Wild : Natasha in Oz : I Heart Naptime : Celebrate & Decorate : Chic on a Shoestring : Gingersnap Crafts : Home Stories A-Z : It's Overflowing : My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia : Nifty Thrifty Things : Skip to my Lou : Stone Gable  : Sugar Bee Crafts : The Shabby Nest

2 comments:

  1. How nice that you were able to re-style her room, and on a budget! I know 'tween girls can be a challenge to work with, but it sounds like she is really happy with her new look. I especially like the rustic monogram with the horseshoe, I pinned it to my Equestrian decor board, I would love it if you would come by and share this at Celebrate it Sunday, my new link party at Celebrate and Decorate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chloe! I will definitely stop by :)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.