February 16, 2016

Rustic Easter Accents

I'm currently working through some décor changes in our home and trying to cut back on the number of vignettes in our kitchen/living area. It's an open space but small, and to put it bluntly - it's becoming overwhelming.

I'll expand on this process shortly as part of my Project 2016 Series, but for today I'd thought I'd focus on introducing some Easter accents to my buffet/sideboard, as we've already entered the season of Lent.



Here in Australia it might be nearing the end of Summer, but the heat will carry on through to most of March, so I want my Easter accents to seamlessly blend through to the cooler months of Autumn/Fall. As I love natural elements, I've decided to stick with a neutral colour palette of white, cream and green, with touches of wicker and twine.

I wrapped some plastic eggs with kitchen twine and strips of pages torn from an old book, and layered them up in a wicker bowl as a sort of nest.
 

My green moss bunny peeks out from behind and helps to break up the colour.


A tiered basket from Ikea holds an assortment of pods and bark.

 


The other side boasts a scrabble-tiled frame that was a Christmas gift from my sister-in-law, some greenery and a twine-wrapped votive holder that was a birthday gift from a dear friend.



Lastly, I hung a simple wicker wreath from the mirror above the buffet, and adorned it with a crucifix made from sticks bound with jute string.






A simple and rustic reminder of the reason for the season!


How are you decorating for Easter?

7 comments:

  1. That is really lovely! I really like the wreath and that adorable bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful vignette and those twine wrapped eggs are really different. I haven't begun my Easter decorating but I have lots of Easter baking plans to get started on. Thank you for sharing at Celebrate Your Story link party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I like the wreath! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love simple and elegant decor for Easter! Nicely done. Thank you for sharing at the Celebrate Your Story Link Up Party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bunny! Thank you for sharing! You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2016/02/the-sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty-monday-2.html Hope to see you again at Make it Pretty Monday! Have a happy week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun seeing your buffet dressed for Easter. I'm at work putting out some Easter things here and some of the faux moss bunnies are in the plan. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to wrap the eggs in twine or cover them in book pages! I've covered plastic eggs with fabric and ornaments with book pages, but hadn't thought of covering eggs with the pages! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.